Meet Pat Kielb, or “Pice,” as he’s known in musical circles. Pat, who is set to graduate this May, is a hip-hop artist, producer, and sound engineer who is determined to elevate his presence in the music industry – especially within the Polish American community.
A Try It Fund winner, Pat, or Pice, has devised a strategic plan that combines his love for hip-hop with his Polish heritage. His approach involves:
- Polish Radio Stations: Utilizing the reach of Polish radio stations to connect with the community. This may entail purchasing airtime or promotional slots to share his hip-hop music and message with a broader audience.
- Polish Festivals: Actively participating in Polish festivals, where he can perform live and engage directly with the community. This endeavor will encompass event registration fees, travel expenses, and booth setup.
- Collaboration with Established Polish American Influencers: Partnering with influential figures within the Polish American community who can assist in promoting Pice’s music and brand to their followers.
- Song Competitions: Applying for song competitions, which can provide exposure and recognition within the music industry. Fees associated with competition entry will be covered.
- Merchandise Giveaways: Creating promotional merchandise, such as branded items or music CDs, to distribute at events or as part of promotional campaigns to further connect with fans and supporters.
Pice’s Try It win will help finance these essential components of his strategy. This grant from the Hurt Hub, though small, will catalyze his journey toward becoming a recognized artist.