Copywriting / Editing / Web Content
Marketing / Design / Social Media
Videography / Photography / Art
Even in the digital age, the written word is still a primary way of communicating ideas. Projects may include writing for marketing materials, magazine articles, blog posts, website content or editing.
- Website text for a start-ups new site
- Fact checking a historical novel
- Blog posts to client site to gain new followers
- Current events articles for national publication
Today, more than ever before, companies are leveraging data in critical decision-making, product development and marketing analysis. Many analytics projects will include visualizing, formatting, organizing and querying large datasets.
- R and R Studio, R Shiny dashboard development
- Financial modeling for growth stage companies
- Database development to track client interactions
Customer discovery and market analysis are essential to the success of any business, and one of the first steps in the process of starting a new business. A general researcher may be asked to determine market size for a product or service, broken down by demographic or geographic categories, or current market share for competitors.
- Market research to determine product viability
- Internet searches on competitors, surveying and interviewing potential customers
- Scholarly research to assist with publications
Good marketing requires strong communication and design skills, along with an intuitive sense for how to get the right message to the target audience. Students will utilize Adobe Creative Suite and Canva for online designs as well as various outreach channels to reach your target market.
- Logo design for use for print and web materials
- Design Facebook ads to boost social media presence
- Search engine optimization
- Organize social media content calendar
Startups that are just getting off the ground need help on everything: from strategy to marketing to data analysis. Work is often driven by the company’s highest priorities, not necessarily specific job titles/functions within a team.
- Outreach to new customers
- Researching various state laws and regulations
- Organizing documents
- Creating on-line presentations to pitch investors
Companies are always looking to expand their markets, and this often means doing business in the global marketplace. Applicants are encouraged to submit writing samples in all languages for which they wish to be considered.
- Translating a business letter, web site, or documents
- Live translations
- Blog posts on company’s international website
Whether you are telling a story or selling a product, the visual arts can bring the process to life. Some projects will have very specific requirements for the work to be produced, others will have more space for the Gig-Hub consultant to express creativity.
- Product promotion video
- Editing multiple videos to one
- Company headshots or event documentation
- Documentation of company history
Every company, every organization, and every professional needs a web presence. Project descriptions will define the design, performance, technology and hosting requirements for the site, based on your needs as the client.
- Website design utilizing WordPress, Wix, Weebly, Shopify, Drupal
- Full-stack development
- Programming in Python, Java, or another high-level language