- This event has passed.
CAT CLAWS: DATA VIZ IN R WORKSHOP
October 28, 2018 @ 2:00 pm - 4:00 pmFree - $25
The future will be driven by data, and effective visualization of data is essential to making good marketing and policy decisions. No matter what your field of study or work, you can benefit from better charts and graphs! This workshop will teach you the basics of data visualization in the popular (and free) statistical software package R.
No prerequisite knowledge necessary. Choose your desired session in the ticket section:
- Sunday, October 28, 2 – 4 p.m. at The Hurt Hub@Davidson (Laptop Required)
- Tuesday, October 30 (part 1) and Thursday, November 1 (part 2), 11:05 a.m. – 12:05 p.m. in the Library Computer Classroom (B110)
- Importing spreadsheet data
- Filtering and selecting data
- Scatter plots, bar graphs, histograms, whisker plots, frequency plots, and heat maps
About the instructor: Dr. Laurie Heyer is the John T. Kimbrough Professor in the department of Mathematics and Computer Science, and serves as the inaugural Faculty Director of the Hurt Hub @ Davidson.