Entrepreneurship Ambassador responsibilities include:
- Working with Davidson’s Director of Innovation & Entrepreneurship to identify/cultivate internships in startups and innovation-oriented companies (3-8 per hub);
- Organizing 3 meetups with the interns throughout the summer. These can be meals, educational opportunities or workshops, tour of local companies, or alumni/externally-facing events;
- Serving as a mentor and connector for the interns;
- Managing a budget of $150/student to use for meetups, 1:1 meetings, or other events.
Ideal characteristics of an Entrepreneurship Ambassador include:
- Davidson alumni or parent;
- Active entrepreneur;
- Connected to the entrepreneurial community;
- Active network builder and connector;
- Genuinely interested in the student learning experience and building relationships with students.
Entrepreneurship Ambassadors will benefit in the following ways:
- Expand and deepen their own network of entrepreneurial companies;
- Gain visibility for their work through the Davidson Innovation & Entrepreneurship Initiative newsletter and other college communications;
- Enjoy meaningful mentor relationships with Davidson students;
- Build stronger ties to the Davidson alumni network in their cities.