The Jay Hurt Hub for Innovation and Entrepreneurship at Davidson College is hiring 2 Winter Break Interns (December 3 – January 14). If interested, apply through Indeed.com or Handshake (Davidson College Students).
During this 6-week internship, you will work as to support The Hurt Hub@Davidson staff with hospitality and event logistics for the community. Interns will primarily work with the Community Manager of Flywheel Coworking (the coworking operator for The Hurt Hub@Davidson).This position requires flexibility in planning and in work hours during evenings and possible weekends.
Number of Positions Available: 2 positions available
Hiring Timeline: Position open until filled. Full consideration given to applications received before November 19th, 2018.
Pay Rate: $10/hour
Expected Time Commitment:
- 6 weeks (December 3 – January 14)
- 20 hours per week
- Hours must be worked at an agreed upon schedule, during business hours of 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., evening hours between 5 p.m. to 9 p.m. and on weekends as needed.
- Engage with and assist Flywheel Coworking members, prospective members, and walk-in guests.
- Be ready to provide tours of the space and answer questions about the coworking concept and Flywheel Coworking memberships.
- Act as a liaison between members and Community Manager, ensuring that any questions or requests are addressed in a timely manner.
- Assist with the planning and execution of meetings and events including setup and breakdown.
- Provide support to members; be willing to assist with their entrepreneurial tasks and projects.
- Other administrative tasks for Flywheel Coworking, relating to managing the space, amenities and memberships.
- Maintain the organization and cleanliness of Flywheel Coworking and its public areas.
- Update and maintain member wall profiles as new members join.
- Punctuality is expected and timely communication with Davidson student employee manager is required if a change in work hours is needed.
- Additional duties as needed.
A successful Intern enjoys working with a team aligned with the mission of both The Hurt Hub@Davidson and Flywheel Coworking:
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Energetic demeanor, outgoing personality, positive attitude.
- Ability to adjust quickly to change, ability to take direction.
- Strong work ethic, both independently and as a member of a team.
- Willingness to pitch in wherever needed.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Flexible schedule preferred.
- Subject to normal inside office conditions.
- Frequently required to walk, stand, sit and use hands.
- Work on computer requires ability to use keyboard.
- Occasionally required to reach with arms, carry/lift up to 20 pounds, stoop, kneel, bend, and crouch.
- Must be able to assist with set-up and break-down of events, to include moving chairs and rolling tables to appropriate spaces.
- NOTE: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.