- This event has passed.
CAT CLAWS: EXCEL BASICS WORKSHOP
February 18 @ 11:05 AM - 12:05 PMFree – $25
Come learn the skills you need to get started working in Excel. Dr. Kevin Smith will lead this two-hour beginners’ bootcamp for students, staff, faculty and community members in this two-part series on Tuesday, February 18 (part 1) and Thursday, February 20 (part 2).
No previous experience required – this workshop is for beginners
Laptop optional for Davidson faculty, staff & students
Laptop (with Excel installed) required for community members
CAT CLAWS workshops are interactive and grounded in project-based problem solving. You’ll work with real data and address real-world challenges with one of the most commonly used tools in Data Analytics.
- Good data organization practices
- Address system
- Formulas referring to other cells
- Simple functions (sum, avg, count, countif, stdev)
- Dragging formulas across and down (with $ operator)
- Freezing panes
- Graphing (e.g., scatter plot, line graph, bar graph, histogram)
- Pivot table (simple example)